Wine Journal for iPhone and iPod Touch

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

nexTune 2.0


I could have sworn I've blogged about this before, but I couldn't find anything in the archive. NexTune is a new free jukebox program that lets you play all kinds of audio including DRM protected iTunes and WMA files. Now Apple doesn't license their DRM, so I'm not sure how they're doing it, but regardless, it's not a very good program. Apparently there's some sort of consumer-generated, playlist sharing something-or-other. Or it's a music store. Or a music auction site. I can't really tell by the web site exactly why you'd want to download this. But I figured what the heck - I'll give it a go. I do this out of the kindness of my heart, so you don't have to.

Truth is, the software is extremely clunky, hogs processing power like you wouldn't believe, and plays DRM files with cracks and pops. So I'd avoid it like that plague. Well, it's not THAT bad, but it's not very good.

No comments: