Wine Journal for iPhone and iPod Touch

Monday, April 03, 2006

Stupid is as Stupid Does

The stupidity of the MPAA astounds even an old pessimist like me. Hmm, let's see. I got an idea. Let's make our movies available for download the day the DVD is released, but instead of charging the same or less, let's charge double! Yes! Brilliant. That's the ticket. We don't have to print anything, we don't have to package anything, we don't have to ship anything and better yet, the quality of the movie will probably be less than that of the DVD version. But we can charge double for it! People will flock from all corners of the world just for the "convenience" of it all. Oh yeah! I almost forgot, we'll only let the purchaser watch that movie on one computer and not let them burn to a DVD! We're geniuses!

As if I don't drive past at least 5 places that sell DVDs on my way home from work. Hmmmm, 5-10 minutes max to run into Target and pick up the DVD versus, oh, I don't know, 2 hours to download it? Hmmmm....I wonder which one I'll choose.

No comments: