Wine Journal for iPhone and iPod Touch

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

hello_

Hello MacHmm, where I have heard that before? Looks like Microsoft is yet again misappropriating classic Mac culture in its lame marketing attempt to gradually unveil details about its "Origami Project." The next announcement about their "ultra-mobile PC device" will come tomorrow. Can it really compete with the iPod? Microsoft may have a lock on the rest of the computing world, but when it comes to toppling Apple on this front, well, they'll really have to blow everybody away. I for one am not on the edge of my seat.

UPDATE: Ok, so they're not intending to compete with the iPod. It sounds like more of a laptop, Pocket PC hybrid. Dumb.

UPDATE: Intel is actually announcing their Origami on March 7. Apparently the "Ultra Mobile PC" is the next big thing. Just like tablet PCs were (are?).

FINAL_UPDATE: Here are the details. I'm underwhelmed and I'm pretty damn sure I'd drop mine or lose it. Although I'd love to see what Apple could design.

No comments: