Wine Journal for iPhone and iPod Touch

Friday, November 03, 2006

Zune Walkthrough

Engadget has a great video of the upcoming Zune interface.

I have to say I like the larger screen and appreciate the interface opportunities the screen real estates affords. The integration of the album art is really nice. The interface looks a little busy to me, but it could just be that I'm so used to the simple elegance of the iPod.

The much-talked about wireless connectivity is certainly interesting. Steve Jobs said recently that "it takes too long". I don't think so at all - it took about 10 seconds or so for a song to transfer over. Now of course the two Zunes were 1 inch away from each other and in a controlled environment so real-world scenarios might be different. The fact that you can only listen to the song no more than 3 times or for no more than 3 days (whichever comes first) is still pretty lame.

I can't wait to see what the desktop software for the Zune looks like.

The device itself still looks really clunky and does not have a "cool" or "wow" factor at all. I think Microsoft is counting on their community strategy to overcome that. We'll have to wait and see.

No comments: