Wine Journal for iPhone and iPod Touch

Thursday, November 09, 2006

Great Idea, Way Overpriced

iPod Theft DeterrentHere's what I think is a great idea, but it's just a bit overpriced.

I primarily use my iPod in the car. And yes, when I go into a store, restaurant or whatever, I generally leave my iPod in plain view. Or if I do put it in the console, it's still pretty apparent I have an iPod with the cassette adapter, charger, etc.

iDisguise offers disguises for your iPod in the form of candy tins. For a mere $11 you can have one too, sans mints. Or for a mere $2, you can have mints and when you're done, a place to put your iPod.

They are at least being smart - they will change the design of the tins every so often so thieves don't get too familiar with a particular design.

I just think the price should be around $6. And include free mints.

No comments: