Wine Journal for iPhone and iPod Touch

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Stupid Headphones

I can accept that some people get away with wearing gigantic headphones in public. It's like the antithesis to wearing earbuds, and a way to get noticed I suppose. Or perhaps they're compensating for some other shortcoming in their life. Nonetheless, I think it's a pretty stupid look. Don't get me wrong, a great set of high quality headphones are awesome for personal, at-home use. I still have my Sony headphones from my radio days that even survived a tornado. But now I digress.

The new m-Tune-N headphones (no need to discuss the stupid name) is a terrible attempt at integrating the iPod. The nano is inserted into the headphones. Then you put the headphones on. Thank god they made access to the click wheel. I mean, that made it so much more convenient. I just cannot see how this is a useful feature. I suppose if you don't have any pockets and need to use both hands for something and you're too cool to use the earbuds and you need to compensate for some shortcoming in your life and you don't need easy access to your iPod controls, then these headphones are for you. Knock yourself out. The price is right.

1 comment:

RY Enterprises said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.