Wine Journal for iPhone and iPod Touch

Saturday, April 07, 2007

Can You Tell The Difference

So EMI and Apple announced that DRM-free music is available at twice the bit-rate and only at a 30-cent premium. But is the sound quality better? PC World has a couple of samples. Take a listen and see if you hear a difference. Even on the tinny speakers on my MacBook, I can actually hear a difference. The 256kbps versions have more presence. I was actually a little surprised at the difference. I definitely be picking up these version when buying tunes and will probably change my default ripping to 256kbps.

1 comment:

2poppy said...

I heard a definite difference for part of Mozart. I heard little to no difference on the REM tune. I have a lot more REM on my iPod than Mozart. For what it's worth.