Wine Journal for iPhone and iPod Touch

Sunday, March 18, 2007

New Toy

Well, I got my bonus a week or so ago, and considering I got a higher than normal review coupled with company goals reaching higher than target, it was time to buy my annual expensive toy.

This year it was time to pick up the new 24" iMac. Wow, this thing is awesome! I don't know what to do with all of this screen real estate! iLife apps are super zippy as is everything else. With the large screen and Front Row, we'll probably start having the kids watch movies in the playroom where the Mac is located. It is quieter than the G5 and the screen brighter. I highly recommend this gorgeous machine!

I loved my 20" iMac G5, but really wanted to get an iMac with an Intel processor (Core 2 Duo), huge screen, faster wireless (n!), Front Row and the potential for an Apple TV to go with our 2 MacBooks.

Instead of paying full price, I went with the Apple-certified refurbished iMac. Same bells and whistles, same warranty, same everything - just 300 bucks less. Throw in the fact I am selling the free printer along with the old iMac and the overall cost comes in under $1000.

No comments: